HPA for an Individual
- Scientifically estimates the participant’s current health and fitness status.
- Indicates areas for improvements in overall health.
- Inspires the participant to make positive changes in their lifestyle.
- Helps set attainable goals for a healthier life.
- Gives the participant the opportunity to review their progress over time.
HPA as part of a Company’s Wellness Campaign
- Leads to increased profitability by reducing healthcare costs.
- Compiles statistical data for groups of clients.
- These statistics can be used as an aid in creating effective wellness campaigns, customized for the group’s needs.
- Identifies the risk factors related to both individual lifestyle and workplace environment.
- Aids in creating healthier workplace environments.
- Allows for the measurement of the effectiveness of a wellness campaign.
- Measures the individual and group’s progress over time.
- Allows for comparing of different groups (professions, genders, different life habits, etc).
HPA as part of a Personal Trainer’s Activity
An accurate and easy method to determine:
- Healthy weight range
- Fat-free mass
- Skeletal weight
- Body fat percentage (if required)
Calculation of the Client's Physical Work Capacity
Astrand test with a new complementary way to calculate maximal oxygen uptake.
Desired Health Profile
- The trainer receives information regarding the client's personal goals.
- Motivates the client to take responsibility for their own health.
- Provides information about other health-related activities the client wishes to begin aside from exercising.
Specific Training Program
- Provides the trainer with the possibility to adjust the workload, schedule and/or exercise program specifically for the client according to their:
- Life habits
- Health situation
- Weight status
- VO2 max
- Perceived exertion
- Personal goals
- HPA's performed at different stages of training.
- Allows the trainer to adjust the exercise program scientifically, according to the client's progress.
- Allows the client to measure their own progress, which is a great motivational tool.
- Allows for information to be gathered about the client’s lifestyle habits and health situation.
- Establishes a closer relationship between the trainer and the client.
- Raises the client's awareness regarding their current health situation.